07 August 2008

Hearing God

i'll admit i've never been the one to think i hear God speaking. what i think i realize was i've heard Him, but couldn't think it was Him.
last night after dealing with sin in my life i felt very far from God.
than in the middle of the night my 4 year old awoke with a tummy ache. for the next hour i dealt with my being mad that he wouldn't sleep well. i'd just fall asleep and he'd wake up. finally for the last time around 4:45 am in the darkness i heard God tell me to get my bible out.
No, God, I thought, I'm too tired. I wouldn't even know what to read.
Yes, I'll show you.
we were in the bathroom and so i walked out and grabbed my bible. there was a little light in there.
but than my son was done. so i took him and my bible to the living room. too dark to read there. i still hadn't opened it.
Now what God? I can't even see the words in here.
Just turn the pages.
got to a page and realized my son was asleep.
Go into the kitchen.
Wahhh I want to sleep, but ok.
Psalm 73:23-28
23Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You have taken hold of my right hand.

24With Your counsel You will guide me,
And afterward receive me to glory.

25Whom have I in heaven but You?
And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.

26My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

27For, behold, those who are far from You will perish;
You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to You.

28But as for me, the nearness of God is my good;
I have made the Lord God my refuge,
That I may tell of all Your works.

No comments: