06 September 2011

I hate thinking of titles

It has been a while since I last posted. So much has happened. Maybe some day I will get to blog about all the ways God has blessed our family in the past year or so. Tonight though that isn't what is on my heart. As a mom of 8 I can't tell you how often I hear, "Oh I could never do that! I don't have the patience." I have to be honest.. I don't either. I have had to learn it. There are days that you can tell I still have a long way to go. I get overwhelmed easy. There are days my older two kids look at me and say, "Go take a nap Mom." I do, I need it. Then there are days that all I can do, and want to do is hug my kids and hold them close. I love watching them interact with me, and with each other. It is such a blessing to watch. Today my little 5 year old son was mad cause he wanted to play with the 2 year old sister and the older ones were playing with her. Then this evening the older 5 had some games going and they were laughing and having a good time. I wish I could take credit on how I have raised them, but it isn't me, it is all God. God has brought them through several trials in the past year that has brought them all closer. Yeah they fight, but they have learned at a young age that family is important. Watching them grow and learn is what makes being a mom of many so wonderful. It isn't always easy, but I have learned that most of the time it isn't them that is the problem it is me! I get selfish and mad when things don't go my way. I want them to do the things I want them to NOW and I don't want to wait. That is when every thing that the kids do get on my nerves. Those are the moments that being a mom of many isn't easy. It is my attitude that needs to be changed. That doesn't mean that the kids don't need to be corrected for their behavior, they do, but how I handle the situation sends more of a correction then the actual correction. I am far from the perfect mom, I don't have perfect kids, but I love them and feel so blessed to be their mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Kayte,
You and your hubby are doing an awesome job raising your children. I have to admit I was one of those people who wondered how you do it...yet God has blessed you with your children cause He knows that you and your hubby are capable,with his guidance.
May the Lord bless you and keep you all in His loving arms.