10 May 2013

Ack I have an adult child.....

Ok, so not quite yet. This weekend though we will celebrate my oldests birthday and his graduation from our home school. At the end of the month he will be 18. It is such an odd thought, especially since I am thinking of holding my newborn around the same time.

I am so thankful having watched him grow into the young man I prayed he would be. He is a young man who seeks God and loves serving him. He has served in our church as an Awana leader, sunday school teacher, prayer team, cleaning, fixing and pretty much whatever else he could do or was asked to do. He helps different people from in their homes, last Sunday gave up time with friends to help push someone's van that  had broken down. 

Yes, he has his faults like we all do. But I love to see him striving to become the man God is calling him to be. 

No comments: