07 September 2012

Preparing for surgery

In just a few short weeks I will be undergoing my 4th open heart surgery. You can read about my heart condition here and here for a current update. The goal of this surgery is to open up my right pulmonary artery so that I can get more blood flow to my right lung. This will make things easier for me and will protect my left lung from damage. The other thing that they are planning on doing is replacing my pulmonary valve. These valves have a lifespan of 10-15 years. While my valve does look good at this point in time, although it is starting to leak, they do not want me to have to undergo surgery again in a couple years.

How do I feel about this, it is hard to say. I am scared more for leaving my children then for anything else. I do not want them to be worried about me. I will miss them very much.

As far as my life goes I have begun to memorize Philippians 1: 21-26

 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose. But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy in the faith,

No comments: