29 August 2012

New school year.....

Well it is a new school year in our home. Unlike many (ok maybe most) homeschool households, this does not mean new school books. Our school years run February to February. Mostly because it is with our tax return that I buy our new school books. Also we tend to just work in a book until it is done, then move on to the next level. Mostly for my sophomore, as she worked very hard this past year and working ahead of the game. Since I do have a bunch of books passed down to her, it works.

This year is a kinda bittersweet year for me. At the end of the year, my oldest will graduate from high school. He really has enough credits, but I want him spending this year review math and working on his paper writing.

So this year I have a senior, sophomore, 7th, 5th, 3rd, 1st and preschooler. I don't do a lot of preschool stuff, but they always seem to want to do school like the older ones, so they get a cheap all in one book from Wal-Mart or such and do that.

Another switch in our school year is change I am thankful for, my husbands hours at work have changed and he will be at work in the day. This will help me because we enjoyed spending time with Daddy in the morning and school would often get pushed back and then Mom would get too busy and we would end up going off doing other things.

No comments: