05 September 2010

Walking down the path of homelessness

Wow that is something that I never thought I'd actually live. Yet, here we are, while we have a place to stay we are homeless. We can't even get a library card cause we can't prove where we live. Our mail is being sent to a friends house since we have moved so many places in the last 6 months. Our family has lived in 6 different places.

Our kids have had to live with different friends throughout this time. It has been hard to see them bounce from place to place. Only the youngest 2 have always been with us during this. When I mean us- I am speaking of Dan and I.

It has been a joy though to see the how the love for each other has grown. It was funny to see them all get excited to see each other during the time they were apart. It was funny to hear my oldest 2 talk about texting each other while they were apart.

Now they are back together and they are having fun. The oldest (15) is out in the yard with his younger brothers (8 and 6) playing football. The two oldest (15 and almost 14) sit and talk. I have to say I love it.

I have no idea what they future is going to hold. Right now my husband still doesn't have a job. He has applied at so many places and hears nothing back. It is very discouraging.

My next blog will be about some of the wonderful blessing that we have experinced.

No comments: